Inhabiting a building originally housing the oldest gymnasium in England, bc workspace set about the creation of a contemporary working environment for a rapidly expanding high tech IT business.
Objectives for the project included:
- reduction of sound transfer through the inherit-ed, poorly insulated floors, high security CAT 6a data cabling and glazed meeting rooms.
- creating a staff break out area, complete with central kitchen island, table tennis and pool tables and a bar football area
- creating a set of glass meeting rooms subservient to the listed building around them.
- Full decoration and installation of roller blinds throughout
- Installation of a floating floor to counter the sound issue from the tenant below
- Installation of specialist acoustic backed carpet to deaden noise within the office and from other floors to enable the work environment to be as quiet as possible
- Reconfiguration of existing Hager lighting to the working areas and the addition of new lights to the large break out area
- Reconfiguration of existing air conditioning units